Tuesday 1 July 2014

I've been very kindly nominated for a Liebster award

So a few months ago I was very kindly nominated for a Liebster award by the lovely Zana of Zana's homemade, where you can find scrummy looking pickles, beautiful garden pics, and absolutely heavenly crochet using an amazing, fresh palette of colours... 

...and now the embarassing bit; I haven't managed a post since. Life has been super busy and it's been hard to find time for a lot of the things I love, including my fledgeling blog!

The Liebster Award involves answering the questions on the nominating blog, then choosing 5 - 11 blogs to pass it on to with 7 questions that you have made up and leaving a comment so that they know they have received it, including a link back to the person you received the award from.

Answering Zana's questions...


What is your favourite book of all time? - For me, this is such a difficult question!! I love reading and have loads of books... I'm leaning towards Equal Rites by the great Terry Pratchett - but if you ask me again tomorrow you might get a different answer!

What is your favourite colour combination?  Another really difficult one... probably cream and a lovely rich red (today!)

Who would you like to be stranded on an desert island with? Ray Mears. No question. I like my food - and he's the only one I can think of that would know how to find it! 

What is your favourite dessert (sweet)? Probably something simple and homely like a hot ginger sponge with honey and custard.

Do you have a hankering to see what is on the other side of the hill? I love travelling and have been to lots of wonderful places - and I am naturally curious - but at the moment I am just trying to focus on what is beautiful this side of the hill

What is your favourite breakfast? I think it has to be homemade eggs benedict - which I want to try with a homemade muffin as I suspect it would be even nicer...
 
Do you have any regrets? I try really hard never to have regrets as I think they are bad news emotionally speaking - but I did have a very old friend who I lost contact with, due to a complicated set of circumstances - and he died unexpectedly without me trying to set things right.  I regret it very deeply - but I have tried to learn from it by not sweating the small things and trying never to bear grudges.

Now my 7 questions:

What is your favourite animal or bird and why?

Who, outside your family, has inspired you the most?

What is one thing you have always wanted to do but never quite dared to?

If you could travel to any era, past or future, when would it be?

What is your favourite skill or hobby?

What song or piece of music really moves you (or moves your feet)?

Which woman from history would you love to meet?

And the 5 great blogs I would love you to check out:

The lovely, crafty Emma at Crazy Colour Crochet

Carrie's gorgeous allotment blog at Grow Our Own

Joy at wonderful Joyjinks Creations who is both kind and extremely creative

Misbah's fantastic foodie blog at Tales of a Foody Mama, which never fails to make me hungry

The fabulous Domestic Novice, with posts crammed with sumptuous photos and tales of adventure

Love,


H
xxx 

2 comments:

  1. Hello again Lovely, and congratulations on your Liebster Award! I've enjoyed reading your replies to Zana's questions and feel this is such a good way to share more about ourselves. I'm very happy to know you better, thank you for sharing yourself so nicely!
    Thank you also for your message left at my place and just in case you get busy and can't get back for a while, here is my reply as you are a 'no-reply-blogger':

    Hello Lovely, and thank you so much for your friendly and thoughtful compliment which I really do appreciate but, as you then spotted, I have already been awarded a Liebster and feel I must decline your sweet offer of another: please don't be offended!xo
    If you care to check my sidebar you can click on 26/8/13 - Liebster Blog Award - and read up on what took place at that time.
    I am really touched by your kindness and thank you sincerely - I consider it an honour that you would want to award me this tribute, thank you! xo
    We are in the midst of winter at this time but yesterday was so unseasonably warm one could be forgiven for thinking we were in the midst of summer - back to rain today and heavy dark skies but that's alright too. Happy week to you lovely, xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy

      Thanks so much for your lovely reply! I am so glad you are pleased to be nominated; I appreciate why you feel you can't accept, and I just loved reading your Liebster post from last year. I know exactly what you mean about it being time consuming. In fact I think this is one of the hardest blogs I have written, despite being so short a post! Anyway, lovely to hear from you, and sorry for the long silence!

      H xxx

      Delete